Request a Free Fall Prevention Workshop for Your Group!
Gigi’s Legacy Homecare LLC is proud to offer fall prevention to your group in Lenawee County and the surrounding area. As a Primary Area “resident expert”, we will share valuable information and ideas about preventing falls with your family, friends, company, organization, or other group.
Did you know falls are one of the most catastrophic events in a senior’s life?
Here are few fall statistics:
- 70% of accidental deaths in people over the age of 75 result from falls.
- Falls at home are attributed to 40% of all nursing home admissions.
- 1 out of every 3 seniors who lives independently in their homes will seek medical care for a major fall each year.
- The likelihood of falling increases if you are over 75 years old.
- 25% of seniors who suffer hip fractures die within one year.
- Survivors of falls may experience debilitating fractures of the hip, wrists or spine.
- Falling, or the fear of falling, often leads to loss of confidence, imposed isolation and immobility.
Falling poses serious health risks to seniors and their families. Learn more about how falls affect seniors and what can be done to avoid them.
Contact Gigi’s Legacy Homecare to schedule a presentation to your group, both large and small, about how to prevent falls. Our dynamic presentation ranges from 20 to 60 minutes in length and reviews important issues such as:
- The frequency and effects of falls among seniors
- The most common causes of falls
- What can be done to reduce the risk of falling
- Actions to take when someone falls
- Risk indicators for potential falls
Following the presentation, each senior will have the opportunity to participate in a free risk assessment.
To request a fall prevention workshop to your group, complete the request form below or contact us.
© Gigi’s Legacy Homecare, LLC. All rights reserved.